€595,000 SALE AGREED
Ballynacloghy, Maree, Oranmore, Co. Galway
- Sale Type: For Sale by Private Treaty
- Overall Floor Area: 279 m²
We are delighted to bring this fabulous thatched 3,000 sq. ft. home in one of Galway€TM most desirable locations of Maree, Oranmore, to the market. The house is located in an idyllic rural setting, just a 5 minute walk to Galway Bay sea shore Set behind white, iron gates and a sweeping, tree-lined driveway, this architecturally-designed house sits on a 1.2 acre site and was built in 2005 with the finest craftsmanship. The main entrance of the house opens into a hall with a grand, staircase crafted in mahogany and finished with luxurious red carpet. Mid-way up the stairs is a large, curved window which captures the views to the front lawns and flower beds. The curved entrance hall steps down to a large, multifunctional reception room; this is without doubt one of the many €wow-factors€TMof this property. A south-facing bay window and door open onto the outdoor entertainment area. At the end of this expansive, oak-floored room stands a bespoke 2-metre high limestone fireplace, crafted in Co Clare. In the hearth is an original cast-iron stove which can also open out to an open fireplace. The corridor to the left of this reception room leads to the spacious kitchen/dining room, fitted to a high-specification with solid walnut units and a ceramic Belfast-style sink. The south-facing kitchen has windows on all three sides, which captures the sunlight from morning 'til evening. A utility room, also fitted with solid walnut units, and downstairs WC complete this wing of the house. A separate entrance door opens onto the corridor, giving direct access to kitchen & utility rooms. A second reception/sitting room, also with beautiful solid oak flooring, makes up the right hand wing, and offers a west-facing bay window and a cosy stove set within an original, reclaimed oak fireplace At 1st floor level there is a spacious landing & five large double bedrooms with 1 en suite. The master boasts a large cedar decking area with amazing elevated views of Galway bay & the Burren. In addition there are 2 bathrooms, both with baths & showers (one at each wing of the residence). Another unique feature are the high vaulted ceilings in some of the bedrooms. This luxurious house offers the best of country living and is just a 20 minute drive to the vibrant city of Galway. The large gardens include a south facing entertainment area (off the main reception room) and an extensive west-facing back garden that is currently with post & rail fencing is suitable for multiple uses including a paddock. The property is adjacent to an equestrian centre, outdoor arena, cross country course and beach riding. The residence is equidistant at 4 miles from both Oranmore & Clarenbridge. A host of local amenities abound including a sailing club, golf club, thriving local community, youth clubs, national & secondary schools etc. We highly recommend viewing of this seriously impressive home.
- 3,000 sq ft, 5 bedroomed residence with luxurious living space set on on 1.2 acre site (constructed in 2005)
- Located 4 miles from both Oranmore & Clarenbridge
- Excellent local amenities including fishing, sailing, golfing & thriving young community
- Double-glazed solid cedarwood sash windows
- 2 reception rooms both with solid fuel stoves
- Unique features including expertly crafted staircase & 2 metre high limestone fireplace
- Large first floor west-facing deck with access from main bedroom and outdoor entertainment area via stairway
- Stunning views of Galway Bay and the Burren from rear balcony
- Lapsed planning permission for 590 sq ft garage
- The roof is comprised of 14inch Turkish reed with separate layers of structural steel & metal sheeting underneath.
Oranmore Neighbourhood Guide
Get to know more about this area with our neighbourhood guides, explore property prices lifestyle & more...
- Wired for Cable Television
- Oil Fired Central Heating
Guiding you through your entire home buying journey, from search to sold.
We use our expertise to guide you through the whole home-buying journey.
Daft ID: 12697854
Michelle BurkeSALE AGREED