This handsome period property comes to the market with approximately 14.58 acres of mainly good quality land and a walled stable unit.
It is rare for a property such as this to come to the market. Built circa 1805 by Lord Lucan, the Georgian farmhouse with its sweeping tree lined driveway and long pedestrian pathway is a landmark in the Fahy area. It has been in the current owner s family since 1908.
The property is a home of immense charm and character. Period features have been retained including cut-limestone window sills, a flagstone tiled floor in the entrance hall, ornate ceiling cornices, timber window shutters and the fan light surround of the front door.
Some of the sash windows have been replaced by double glazed units and oil fired central heating has been installed, however, some further modernisation would be required.
The floor area extends to approximately 149.1 sq m/1,605 sq ft. Ground floor accommodation includes entrance hall, drawing room, dining room, kitchen and bathroom. On first floor there is a charming reading room with a feature fan window to the landing area, four bedrooms and WC.
Opposite the house is the substantial stable unit comprising of two adjoining stone built units with slate roofs. They have a combined floor area of approximately 189.5 sq m/2,039 sq ft. These buildings offer excellent potential for conversion to living accommodation subject to planning permission.
The 14.58 acres of farmland is contained in three parcels. The main parcel of land surrounds the house and comprises of approximately 11.17 acres of good agricultural quality. It has clearly marked boundaries with roads on all sides, stone walls in parts and mature trees. Also included in this parcel are the remains of a walled garden to the side of the house.
The second parcel containing the stable block has an area of approximately 0.74 acre. On this are also the ruins of Brockagh Castle, built in the fifteenth or sixteenth century by the MacGibbons family.
The third parcel has an area of approximately 2.67 acres. It is of poorer quality, in need of reclamation. It has road frontage and is bordered by the Owenbrockagh River.
Entrance Hall 6.51m x 2.41m. Original flagstone tiled floor, feature curved staircase, recessed wall niches, fan light door (with original frame), plaster cornicing
Drawing Room 5.5m x 4.22m. Cast iron fireplace with marble base, single glazed sash windows with original timber shutters, feature cornicing (restored 10 years ago) and ceiling rose
Dining Room 5.55m x 4.50m. Black marble fireplace with flagstone base, double glazed sash windows with original timber shutters, recessed alcove, painted timber clad ceiling, storage press
Kitchen 3.8m x 2.65m. Tiled floor, ivory kitchen with solid oak counter tops and Belfast sink
Back Hallway 2.38m x 1.00m. Tiled floor
Bathroom 2.37m x 1.68m. Lino flooring and tiled splash backs, bath, wc, whb
Half Landing 2.00m x 1.10m. Painted timber floor
Hallway/WC/Storage Room 3.38m x 2.55m.
First Floor Landing 2.55m x 2.27m. Carpeted
Reading Room 2.43m x 2.20m. Feature fan light window to landing, double glazed sash windows with original timber shutters, lovely countyside views, heigh ceiling
Bedroom One 4.2m x 3.36m. Single glazed sash windows with original timber shutters, decommissioned timber and tiled fireplace
Bedroom Two 4.15m x 2.2m. Carpeted
Bedroom Three 4.16m x 2.42m. Timber floor
Bedroom Four 4.17m x 3.25m. Single glazed sash windows with original timber shutters, decommissioned timber fireplace
From Westport town centre take the Castlebar Road for 1km and turn left onto Lodge Road at old Portwest factory, continue on this road for 5.7 km and turn left at Fahy National School, after 900 metres take a small turn right and the property will be visible on the left.