- Sale Type: For Sale by Private Treaty
- Overall Floor Area: 175 m²
Edgewater is a wonderful waterfront property with a private marina and a slipway into Kinsale Harbour. This house is situated right on the harbour and on the edge of the Kinsale town centre. Its main living areas provide spectacular views overlooking the harbour and out towards James Fort and Castlepark Peninsula.
On a total floor area of c. 175 sqm the split level house offers two very large reception rooms, one on each level. On the ground floor is the kitchen cum dining area with a wood burning stove, fantastic vistas enhanced by floor to ceiling windows spanning the entire front of the room and direct access to the patio. Just off the kitchen is a sperate utility room. Additionally on the ground floor there are two double bedrooms, one of which is en-suite. On the first floor is the main living area with a beautiful parquet floor, open fireplace, floor to ceiling windows and access to a balcony to enjoy the beautiful sea views. There are also two double bedrooms, both en-suite, and a family bathroom.
There is also a deep-water marina with galvanised gangway access directly from the quayside terrace. This marina has a low water depth of 2.7m and is suitable for most craft including deep keel yachts. The 90ft floating marina is piled and can accommodate approximately 6 boats with its own foreshore license.
While the house would benefit from some cosmetic updating it is definitely a one-off property due to its location, private marina and direct harbour access.
Edgewater is set in a spectacular position on the harbour and commands breath taking 180Â° views over Kinsale Harbour, Castlepark Marina and to Ardbrack and Summercove. The property is only short stroll to Kinsale town to enjoy its many wonderful amenities.
This area of South West Ireland is of outstanding beauty with its dramatic coastline, unspoilt locations and safe beaches. Leisure activities are well catered for, Kinsale provides excellent sailing, yachting and fishing facilities from its two marinas. There are three world class golf courses including the renowned Old Head of Kinsale. Other recreational pursuits include walking, bathing, surfing, and horse riding.
There are numerous cultural events held throughout the year, such as the world famous Kinsale Arts Festival, the Cork Jazz Festival, Cork Film Festival, Kinsale Gourmet Festival along with a thriving music and opera programme. Cork has several fine theatres, and Cork Opera House hosts many exceptional productions throughout the year. Kinsale is also home to some of Ireland€TM finest restaurants, contributing to its title as Gourmet Capital of Ireland; along with many top class hotels and lots of welcoming pubs.
Cork International Airport is conveniently located 20 minutes€TMdrive from Kinsale with direct links within Ireland and to major European and UK cities.
Finest International Real Estate Ireland Ltd. t/a Engel & Voelkers act as agents for the vendors or lessors of this property whose agents they are, give notice that:
2. The particulars are set out as a general outline for the guidance of intending purchasers or lessees, and do not institute, nor constitute part of, an offer or contract.
3. All descriptions, dimensions, references to condition and necessary permissions for use and occupation, and any other details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers or tenants should not rely on them as statements or representatives of fact but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them.
4. Any loose furniture, non-integrated appliances, white goods and curtains are deemed not to be included in the sale of the property unless specifically agreed between the parties and outlined in an inventory.
5. No person in the employment of Finest International Real Estate Ireland Ltd. t/a Engel & Voelkers has any authority to make or give representation or warranty in relation to this property.
6. Availability upon agreement - subject to contract. This offer is subject to change of price, withdrawal or prior sale without notice.
7. Transfer fees, i.e. stamp duty, solicitor fees etc, are not included in the sales price and have to be paid by the buyer. The commission will be paid by the seller.
Kinsale Neighbourhood Guide
Get to know more about this area with our neighbourhood guides, explore property prices lifestyle & more...