- Sale Type: For Sale by Private Treaty
- Overall Floor Area: 215 m²
Gowlanes Cottage was built in 2004 in the style of a traditional cottage. Set on the Kerry coastline at the end of a quiet cul-de-sac just off the Ring of Kerry, it offers enviable privacy amidst the rugged natural beauty of Eagles Hill, Windy Gap and the Dunkerron Mountains. The house has exceptional views of Kenmare Bay and the Beara Peninsula and is in close driving distance to many pristine beaches and piers including Derrynane Beach and Westcove Pier. The cottage is just a short drive to the villages of Castlecove, Caherdaniel and Sneem with full access to all their amenities.
The cottage has been maintained to high standards by its current owners and offers a bright and airy interior on a total floor area of c. 215 sqm. It comprises of a large cosy sitting room with a vaulted ceiling, a stove and a large bay window offering outstanding sea and mountain views. Just off the sitting room is a large sunroom also offering stunning views to Kenmare Bay and the beautiful surroundings. The large kitchen cum dining room has built in kitchen units, a feature stove and also outstanding views from its large bay window. Downstairs there are two double bedrooms (one is en-suite) and the family bathroom. Upstairs is the master bedroom, en-suite with separate shower and bath, a converted attic room presently used as a bedroom, another converted attic space and a guest toilet. Floors are wood to all living areas, kitchen and bedrooms.
The cottage sits on c. 2 acres of land which is partly landscaped with mature trees and lawn areas and partly left in its beautiful natural state. There are numerous patio areas surrounding the cottage. A detached garage offers plenty of storage space and there is plenty of parking available.
Gowlanes Cottage is located a short drive from Castlecove village just off the Ring of Kerry on a quiet cul-de-sac offering stunning views to Kenmare Bay from its elevated position. Caherdaniel village can be reached within a c. 8 minutes€TMdrive, Sneem village within 15 minutes' drive and Kenmare town is c. 45 minutes away by car.
The property has access to all local amenities shopping facilities, restaurants, pubs and many other eateries and an abundance of leisure activities are available right on your doorstep. The immediate vicinity is ideal for sailing, fishing, playing golf, hiking and many other leisure activities. Westcove Pier has a modern slipway and safe moorings for boats of all sizes in a quiet protected harbour. The local coastline is abundant with fishing opportunities and the Kerry Way hiking path passes a few hundred meters from the property. Waterville Golf Links, one of the best links courses in Ireland and indeed the world, is close by as are Parknasilla Golf Course and two golf courses in Kenmare.
A number of pristine beaches are located withing a few minutes€TMdrive from the property including Derrynane beach, one of the most beautiful sandy beaches in the country. The property is also located at the core of the Kerry International Dark Sky Reserve, giving you one of the best places to observe the night sky.
The property is within easy reach to the airports in Cork and Kerry which offer direct transport links within Ireland and to Europe and the UK.
Finest International Real Estate Ireland Ltd. t/a Engel & Voelkers act as agents for the vendors or lessors of this property whose agents they are, give notice that:
2. The particulars are set out as a general outline for the guidance of intending purchasers or lessees, and do not institute, nor constitute part of, an offer or contract.
3. All descriptions, dimensions, references to condition and necessary permissions for use and occupation, and any other details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers or tenants should not rely on them as statements or representatives of fact but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them.
4. Any loose furniture, non-integrated appliances, white goods and curtains are deemed not to be included in the sale of the property unless specifically agreed between the parties and outlined in an inventory.
5. No person in the employment of Finest International Real Estate Ireland Ltd. t/a Engel & Voelkers has any authority to make or give representation or warranty in relation to this property.
6. Availability upon agreement - subject to contract. This offer is subject to change of price, withdrawal or prior sale without notice.
7. Transfer fees, i.e. stamp duty, solicitor fees etc, are not included in the sales price and have to be paid by the buyer. The commission will be paid by the seller.
Caherdaniel Neighbourhood Guide
Get to know more about this area with our neighbourhood guides, explore property prices lifestyle & more...