- Sale Type: For Sale by Private Treaty
- Overall Floor Area: 162 m²
An outstanding detached house in an admired and most sought after coastal location considered eminently suitable as either a second home or fabulous main residence. The first point to highlight about this property is the location, situated in a picture-perfect hilltop setting just off the famous Santa Ana Drive that connects the scenic enclave of Rosbeg to Portnoo. This one-off, architecturally designed, three-bedroom house incorporates a strong Mediterranean influence in the initial design. It enjoys an elevated position affording breathtaking panoramic views, looking down on Portnoo Pier and over Inniskeel Island and Narin Beach. The stunning views stretch out across the Gweebarra Bay and reach as far as Mount Errigal on a clear day. The panoramic vista is mesmerizing and ever-changing on a daily basis but that is not the only appeal to this characterful detached home.
Constructed in the early 1970s by the current owners, the highlight of the accommodation is its unique quadrant shaped sitting room featuring a double-height vaulted ceiling together with (3) x arched floor-to-ceiling windows that have been smartly positioned to take in expansive sea views in all their glory. All in all, the house extends to a sizable 162 sq.m and occupies a spacious site spanning circa 0.52 acres in area.
Entrance Lobby: 2.2m x 1.5m - with carpet floor covering, double uPVC front door, frosted glass panelled door.
Dining room: 4.9m x 4.4m at widest point - L-shaped configuration with wall-to-wall gazing leading onto rear patio, casual dining area, retro wall lights, built-in cloakroom, carpet floor covering, step-down to sitting room.
Sitting room: 7.0m x 6.9m at widest point - featured vaulted ceiling with exposed beams, (4) x arched windows, bespoke local stone fireplace with built-in Arrow cast-iron stove, carpet floor covering, t.v point, (4) x ring retro ceilings lights, internal window facing into dining area on a slightly high level.
Kitchen: 3.2m x 3.1m - with arctic white wall and base units incorporating grey formica countertops, corner glass display cabinet, stainless steel sink with swan neck centre taps with featured semi-circle window over, built-in electric oven plus (4) x ring gas hotplate with extractor canopy over, plumbed for washing machine, slot-in fridge / freezer, fully tiled, florescent centre light, servers hatch opening into sitting.
Inner Hall: 6.7m x 0.87m - with carpet floor covering, pine tongue and groove panelling to ceiling with inset lights, built-in hotpress, access point to attic.
Master Bedroom: 6.4m x 3.5m - full gable length incorporating a relax area facing towards the sea and mountains, built-in wardrobes, carpet floor covering, step-down into private 7.15 sq.m sun room with wall-to-wall glazing all round.
En-suite: 2.7m x 1.8m - with modern sanitary ware in white comprising of a w.c, vanity basin with mirror and shaver light over, quadrant shower cubicle with 5mm tempered glass doors with fitted Triton electric shower, fully tiled, heater chrome towel rail, glass centre light.
Bedroom 2: 3.4m x 3.4m - with light oak effect timber floor, built-in wardrobes, featured arched window facing towards sea, chrome (4) x ring centre light.
Bedroom 3: 3.4m x 3.2m - with light oak effect timber floor, built-in wardrobes, featured arched window facing towards sea, fitted night lights over beds.
Bathroom: 2.5m x 1.8m - with modern Vogue suite in white comprising of a w.c, pedestal wash and hand basin with (2) x polished steel taps, bath with chrome mixer taps and shower cradle, pine tongue and groove panelling to ceiling with inset lights.
- Scenic three bedroom, detached residence extending to circa 162 sq.m.
- Spacious site offering a high degree of privacy spanning circa 0.21 hectare / 0.52 acres in area.
- Highly sought after location just over 2 km's from Narin Beach and Golf Course.
- 15-minute walk to Portnoo Pier and beach.
- Breathtaking panoramic views over Gweebarra Bay and Narin Beach with Mount Errigal in the distance.
- Expansive views over Pound Lake on the eastern boundary.
- Featured quadrant shaped sitting room with floor-to-ceiling arched windows.
- Sitting room with built-in cast iron stove and natural stone fireplace.
- Three generously proportioned bedrooms serviced by a family bathroom and one en-suite.
- Tarmaced driveway with ample parking.
- Front garden laid in lawns and bounded by locally sourced dry stone walls.
- Oil fuel central heating.
- uPVC double glazed windows and doors throughout.
- Spacious master bedroom with private access to sun room and relaxation area facing towards the sea.
- Dining room with wall-to-wall leading onto to rear patio.
- Viewing by prior arrangement with DNG Dorrian on 074 97 31291.
Portnoo Neighbourhood Guide
Get to know more about this area with our neighbourhood guides, explore property prices lifestyle & more...