The Red House Seafield Road Killiney, Killiney, Co. Dublin
- Sale Type: For Sale by Private Treaty
- Overall Floor Area: 452 m²
A magnificent detached Edwardian period residence built very much in the Orpen style and occupying a wonderful position on Seafield Road in the heart of Killiney standing on in excess of one acre of maturely stocked and planted lawned gardens which are a particular feature of this impressive family home and surround the property perfectly. The gardens ensure complete privacy and seclusion and provide an oasis of calm and tranquillity behind the high redbrick wall and electric security gates. Once inside the sylvan setting lends itself more to a house in the countryside rather than in the suburbs of south county Dublin, yet its rural coastal setting is only a half an hour commute from the City Centre. It’s really the best of both worlds. The property boasts road frontage onto Seafield Road of approaching 61m (200ft). Electric gates open into secure off street parking for numerous cars and there is also vehicular access to the rear courtyard and double garages. The property is immediately aesthetically pleasing due to its part red brick wisteria clad exterior, bay windows and the distinctive pitched red pantile roof. On entering the property, one is greeted by the very generous room proportions and fine period features that can be seen throughout the property. The property does now require updating and modernisation throughout to bring it up to modern day present standards, although it has been very well-maintained over the years. To the right of the entrance driveway may potentially offer a site for further development of a separate dwelling subject to obtaining the necessary planning permission. It may also be worth considering converting the rear garages within the same application. This impressive family residence exudes charm and character throughout. It’s bright, light infused accommodation that extends to a very comfortable 452 sq.m (4,865 sq.ft) over two levels. It occupies a wonderful position on this tree lined sylvan setting just off Killiney Hill Road. Shops, churches and a wide variety of schools including Holy Child, Loreto Abbey Dalkey and St. Andrew’s College, Blackrock College, St. Michael’s College and Castle Park are all easily accessible as are the many interesting costal scenic walks over Killiney and Dalkey hills and along Killiney Beach. Along with the DART on Station Road, the N11, M50 and LUAS are only a short commute away which make accessing the city centre, the airport and further afield all very simple.
- Prestigious highly regarded residential address
- A stroll from Killiney Beach and DART station
- Standing on level regular gardens extending to in excess of 0.4HA (1 acre) with a sunny south and west orientation
- Potential to develop the eastern gardens and convert the double garages subject to obtaining the necessary planning permissions
- Bright gracious accommodation extending to approximately 452 sq.m (4,865 sq.ft)
- Excellent access to the N11, M50, LUAS and airport
- Surrounded by a wide range of primary and secondary schools, churches and the popular tranquil scenic walks by the seafront and over Dalkey and Killin
- Orpen style Edwardian period residence
- Many period embellishments of the era intact including ceiling coving, period fireplaces, window shutters and sash windows
- Secure parking for many cars behind electric gates
Killiney Neighbourhood Guide
Get to know more about this area with our neighbourhood guides, explore property prices lifestyle & more...
Guiding you through your entire home buying journey, from search to sold.
We use our expertise to guide you through the whole home-buying journey.
Daft ID: 13439421