- Sale Type: For Sale by Private Treaty
- Overall Floor Area: 251 m²
Wonderful architect designed 5 bed family home on approx. 2.25 acres of magical woodland in the heart of the historic Boyne Valley.
* Watch our walk-through video *
Tucked away at the end of its own private avenue and set in the centre of over two acres of mature trees, Wildwood is surrounded by gardens laid out in lawns and shrubs with a secret lower lawn below the house ideal for kicking football, practicing the golf swing or indeed just enjoying the beautiful setting provided by mother nature herself! The house which was designed and built by the current owners with the help of their architect in 2004 offers 2,700 sq ft of top quality accommodation laid out over three levels and includes five bedrooms and three reception rooms.
The impressive entrance hall has a ceramic tiled floor and opens in to the country style kitchen with its painted solid timber wall and floor units, Belfast sink, spacious dining room and double French doors to the garden. Also, off the entrance hall and a few steps down is the cosy study/tv room with open hearth fireplace and with access through French doors to the gardens at the rear. The main reception/living room is also at this level with its impressive double height ceiling, wide beamed timber floors and inglenook fireplace with feature wood burning stove.
On the first floor is the main bedroom suite with its spacious dressing room and fully tiled shower room. Three other bedrooms, two of which are generous doubles, along with the supersize family bathroom are also to be found on this floor. Finally, the top floor offers two further rooms, one of which is the fifth bedroom which has ample space for installation of an ensuite if required and the other room, while not qualifying for use as a bedroom, would make an ideal teenage den, games room or playroom!
Outside, the substantial double garage extends to approx. 600sqf and includes loft storage along with a small but useful basement area accessed from the rear.
Situated just two kilometres from the M1 motorway west of Drogheda town and within easy commuting distance of Dublin, Wildwood is set in the heart of the Boyne Valley heritage area with its world-renowned pre- historic sites and monuments. Surrounded by its own private woodlands, the house is approached down the tree lined avenue which opens up opens up to reveal this stunning family home nestling in a sunlit clearing.
The nearby picturesque village of Tullyallen offers excellent local amenities including primary school and crèche, neighbourhood shopping, sports facilities and local bar and restaurants. Drogheda town is within a five minute drive and Dublin airport less than half an hour along the M1.
* Unique and private woodland setting
* Distinctive architect designed family home
* Presented in walk-in condition
* Quality design and build evident throughout
* Underfloor heating at ground and first floor level
* Flagstone and gravel patio areas
* Raised vegetable and herb beds
* Iroko teak windows
* Entrance Hall: 3.4m x 3.524m; tiled floor
* Sitting Room: 4.16m x 4.16m; feature stone fireplace with wood burning stove inset
* Living Room / Study: 3.47m x 3.16m; fireplace; door to garden
* Kitchen: 5.2m x 4.2m; range of fitted units; American fridge freezer; double oven electric stove; hot plate & 4 ring gas hob
* Dining Room: 3.54m x 3.05m
* Back Hall / Utility: 3.32m x 2.34m (avg); Belfast style sink; plumbed for washing machine & dryer; storage cupboard
* Toilet: wc & whb
* Master Bedroom: 5.4m x 4.27m
- Walk-through dressing room: 3.24m x 2.42m
- En suite shower room: 3.22m x 1.58m; double shoer, wc & whb
* Family Bathroom: 3.9m x 2.75m; free-standing claw footed bath; shower, wc & whb; feature velux window
* Bedroom 2: 3.41m x 2.48m
* Bedroom 3: 3.92m x 3.11m
* Bedroom 4: 4.31m x 3.11m
(potential for extended bedroom ensuite)
* Bedroom 5: L-shaped: 5.36m x 4.3m & 2.3m x 2.26m; interconnecting door to:
* Room: 4.48m x 4.37m; eaves storage
* Approx. 0.92 ha / 2.27 acres of native Irish woodlands
* Mature shrub filled gardens surrounding the property
* Tarmac avenue
* Detached lofted double garage: 5.9m x 5.68m (33.51 sqm / 361 sq ft) with additional overhead loft storage. Basement storage: 5.41m x 5.21m (28.2 sqm / 304 sq ft)
* Lower level playing field
* Water softener
* Gas fired (LPG) central heating system
* Group water scheme
* Pur-flo (Bord na Mona) peat filter sewage system
* Excellent broadband connectivity
* School bus service to Tullyallen and Drogheda
From Drogheda take the Slane Road from the Junction 10 roundabout on the M1. Travel approx. 2km and turn right onto the L6317. Wildwood entrance is on the right hand side after sharp left bend in the road.
Tullyallen Neighbourhood Guide
Get to know more about this area with our neighbourhood guides, explore property prices lifestyle & more...