- Sale Type: For Sale by Private Treaty
- Overall Floor Area: 125 m²
Well maintained and beautifully presented home in turn-key condition. Conveniently located in an elevated setting just 15 minutes drive from Dundrum Town Centre and 30 minutes from Dublin City Centre.
Casey-Kennedy Estate Agents request that viewers register in advance by email. To comply with COVID guidelines, we will contact you to schedule an exact viewing time within the advertised time range.
3 Ticknock Grove is attractively presented and in excellent condition throughout. It has been well-maintained as a family home from new. It was solidly built in 2006 by highly regarded Park Developments. It has superior fixtures and fittings including solid oak flooring, travertine wall and floor tiles, solid wood internal doors with brushed aluminium fittings, black granite counter-tops and a pretty white limestone fireplace and hearth with an open fire. The bathrooms are all beautifully appointed. Both the main reception room and the master bedroom have bay windows looking towards the mountains. The high-speed Virgin Media TV/Broadband connection point is a big plus when working from home. Gas fired central heating with a brand new boiler, dual-zone heating controls and TRV valves helps keep this house warm and cosy.
Downstairs accommodation consists of interconnecting living and kitchen/dining rooms ideal for entertaining. The entrance hall benefits from an extra lobby area perfect for a buggy, a coat closet under the stairs plus an easily accessible guest WC. The spacious kitchen/dining room has abundant press space, supplemented by a walk-in pantry and a separate utility room. The cooking range is included in the sale. Upstairs are four bedrooms with master ensuite and a family bathroom. There is a folding stairs to the attic space which could be converted to additional recreational space if you wish.
Externally there is a flowering cherry tree in the front garden as well as off-street parking for two cars. In the back garden is a private deck beside the lawn, ideal for summer barbecues. A garden shed and covered bike storage provide useful storage space.
As you enter Ticknock Drive there are stunning views right across Dublin Bay. There is a large green area on your left from which to enjoy this view. Alternatively you can wander up to Lamb Doyles and enjoy the view while you sample the food and drink, within easy walking distance of home.
This is a spacious family home conveniently located close to the business centres in Sandyford/Stillorgan/Leopardstown and retail shopping in Dundrum Town Centre. Close to the shops (Centra, Pharmacy, Restaurants, Medical and Dental practices, Puddleuck's Creche) and bus stop in Blackglen Village Centre. Ticknock Hill is served by the 114 bus route. It is just a 15 min walk to the 16 bus stop in Ballinteer and 20 mins walk to the 14/75/175 bus stop beside Supervalu Ballinteer, via Kingston & Ballintyre. On an electric scooter you can be there in less than 10 minutes.
There is a superb range of highly regarded primary and secondary schools in the local area. Recreational facilities nearby include hillwalking and mountain biking at Ticknock/Three Rock/The Wicklow Way. Marlay Park and Airfield are great for walks, playgrounds, open farms and outdoor markets. Horse Riding centres are close by in Kellystown and The Paddocks. There is an array of golf and sports clubs in the area including Ballinteer St. John's GAA and Stackstown Golf Club. Explorium National Sports and Science centre is at the top of the road. 15 minutes walk to the pubs at Lamb Doyles or Taylor's Three Rock. The LUAS stops nearby at Glencairn or Balally. Dublin City Centre is just a 30 minute drive.
Viewing is highly recommended.
From Dundrum Town Centre head south along the Sandyford/Enniskerry Road. After crossing the M50 bridge turn right at Lamb's Cross onto the Blackglen Road (scheduled for upgrading and widening in 2021). Pass Lamb Doyle's Pub and take the next right onto SimonsRidge (signposted Explorium). Go through two roundabouts taking the first exit each time. Just after the second roundabout, turn right at the sign for Blackglen Village Centre. Follow the road as it swings left and then right in front of Puddleducks Creche and Montessori. You can see the FOR SALE sign from here. #3 is the second house on the right. (NB: #1 next door has recently been bought from ourselves - do not get confused).
* 6.21m (20'4") x 1.90m (6'3")
* Tiled front porch. External letter box. Hardwood front door with glazed side panels. Solid oak flooring. Under-stairs coat closet. Additional storage lobby. DSL phone point. Wide door to living room. Door to kitchen.
Accessible guest WC
* 1.9m (6'3") x 1.36m (4'6")
* Travertine tiled flooring. WC. WHB. Heated towel rail.
* 6.45m (21'2") x 3.95m (13'0")
* Bay window. Open fire with attractive white limestone fireplace and hearth. Solid oak flooring. Curtains and curtain rod. Virgin Media high-speed broadband/TV connection. Frosted glass double-doors to kitchen.
* 5.2m (17'1") x 3.95m (13'0")
* Italian travertine tiled floor and pastel coloured kitchen units contrast attractively with the black granite counter-tops. Kitchen sink with view out kitchen window. Island with handy additional storage and work-space. Room for an American style fridge-freezer. Adjacent larder rack unit. Integrated dishwasher, "Stoves" cooking range and antique style light fitting included in sale.
* 1.9m (6'3") x 0.83m (2'9")
* Useful extra walk-in storage space off the kitchen. Tiled floor.
* 1.65m (5'5") x 1.55m (5'1")
* Tiled floor. Door to back garden. Plumber for high-capacity washing machine and dryer. Work-top. Three large wall-mounted storage presses.
* 2.92m (9'7") x 6.57m (21'7")
* Carpeted stairs and landing with white painted banisters. Staire to attic. Hot press with high-capacity, factory insulated, water cylinder and water pump. Upstairs heating controls.
* 2.08m (6'10") x 1.9m (6'3")
* Travertine wall and floor tiles. Bathtub with glass shower screen. Pumped water-supply to high-flow wall-mounted shower head. WC with hidden cistern. Floating WHB. Heated towel rail. Extractor fan. Mirrored medicine cabinet. Vanity shelf. Light tube bringing in natural light.
* 4.22m (13'10") x 3.2m (10'6")
* Bay window. Fitted wardrobes. Carpet. Curtains. TV point. Door to ensuite.
* 1.9m (6'3") x 1.76m (5'9")
* Beautifully finished ensuite. Fully tiled in travertine. Glass corner shower cubicle with high-flow shower head. WC with hidden cistern. Floating WHB. Heated towel rail. Extractor fan. Mirrored medicine cabinet. Vanity shelf.
* 3.6m (11'10") x 3.01m (9'11")
* Spacious double bedroom. Fitted wardrobes. Blackout blinds. Carpet.
* 2.76m (9'1") x 2.68m (8'10")
* Large single / small double bedroom. Fitted wardrobe. Blackout blinds. Carpet. Broadband/TV point.
* 2.93m (9'7") x 2.69m (8'10")
* Large single / small double bedroom. Currently in use as a home office. Carpet. Blackout blinds.
* 8m (26'3") x 6.5m (21'4")
* Cobble-locked off-street parking for two cars. Well-maintained shrubs in front of house. Flowering cherry tree.
* 9.3m (30'6") x 6.5m (21'4")
* Sunny deck. Garden shed. Covered bike storage. Sloping back lawn. As this property is higher than the one to the rear, the back garden is quite private.
Sandyford Neighbourhood Guide
Get to know more about this area with our neighbourhood guides, explore property prices lifestyle & more...