- Sale Type: For Sale by Private Treaty
- Overall Floor Area: 1208 m²
Firmount House is a lovingly and beautifully restored part Georgian, mostly Victorian property that has finally been given the love and attention she deserves by her current owners. The property rests on over seven acres of spectacular Kildare parklands. This private and mature setting is mainly covered by a rich green lawn which allows beautiful unobstructed views of the countryside to seep in through the main house windows. Yet also resting throughout this fabulous plot you will find wonderful trees. They allow shelter and privacy where necessary and compliment the layout of the entire. Some of the specimens are over two centuries old and include stunning Sequoia and Copper Beech trees. The lot consists of two fine residences. This site is a historical gem that awaits a new owner. It can be discovered a mere forty minutes from Dublin, just outside the town of Clane.
The main house is a remarkable sight to see as you make your way up the staggering gravel drive. This residence is resplendent in her stature and entices you instantly to enter and behold her ample proportions. It stands three storeys high (over basement) and offers approx. 13,000 sq.ft of painstakingly preserved and restored accommodation. Having been mistreated and neglected in the past, this beauty is now dressed to impress. The property has, in more recent times, hosted peaceful retreats, beautiful weddings, photo shoots, and many other events, as well as being a family private residence, with additional unused planning permission to operate a cafe/restaurant in the main house. It is more than comfortably equipped to do so. There is abundant parking, a HSE approved kitchen and a magnificent space that can allow up to 110 people to dine in style and luxury.
The Doctor's House is an attractive building sitting Northwest of the main house. It was given a major overhaul and featured on RTE's ‘Room to Improve' in 2013 with renowned architect Dermot Bannon. The property was transformed into what is now a stunning family home. It boasts a B2 energy rating thanks to the calibre of work gone into making it a cosy and yet contemporary residence. With an impressive double height window in the open plan kitchen/living room, an indoor barbeque area, and five bedrooms, this home centers around bringing people together. It has a sense of privacy and a fabulous back garden surrounded by trees with a raised patio and lawn area suitable to play, host or simply relax and appreciate where you are. A fantastic cut stone studio can also be found to the rear of the property. This studio comes complete with a kitchenette, shower room and mezzanine level. It provides plenty of space for guests or to work from home if necessary.
Every need is catered for and more with this exciting listing. Firmount has a truly colourful past and it is time to pass on the baton to see what the future holds.
• Firmount House is situated in a prime location in the heart of County Kildare just 3 kilometres from the charming town of Clane and with easy access to Dublin City and Dublin Airport, as well as all major national motorways. The local area is popular with those commuting daily to Dublin and weekly to London.
• Clane and Prosperous (4 km) are two neighbouring towns with a variety of amenities including restaurants, pubs and local shops. Naas (9 km) offers a more comprehensive range of amenities including supermarkets and a selection of boutique shops and retail stores.
• Firmount House is conveniently located for many places of interest, including Donadea Forest Park (a beautiful 640-acre demesne of woodland walks and lake), the National Stud as and National Heritage Areas such as Black Castle, the source of the River Boyne and the Grand Canal
• The historic county of Kildare offers a wide variety of attractions. The luxurious Kildare Village is 29 kilometres to the south and is a popular shopping destination, while the Liffey Valley Shopping Centre - one of Ireland's largest shopping and leisure destinations - is 29 kilometres distant. Kildare is synonymous with the bloodstock industry, famous for its world renowned stud farms and busy racing calendar. There are several excellent racecourses nearby including The Curragh Racecourse (19 km), which is considered one of the finest racetracks in the world Punchestown Racecourse (15 km) and Naas Racecourse (10 km)
• Golfing enthusiasts are well catered for with Millicent Golf Club (1.5 km) set on the property's doorstep. The K-Club, home to the Ryder Cup in 2006, and the exquisite Carton House Hotel and Golf Resort, are 8 and 21 kilometres distant, respectively
• There is a fine selection of schools in the area with a diverse range of primary and secondary schools available locally. Private education is also well catered for at Clongowes Wood in Clane (6 km) and Kings Hospital in Palmerstown (29 km)
• The property is well situated for the main train lines, being 5.5 kilometres from Sallins Train Station into Heuston (which serves the Dublin-Cork main line) and 16 kilometres from Maynooth Train Station into Connolly (which serves the Dublin-Sligo main line). Dublin Airport is 45 kilometres distant
Guide Price €1,700,000
Firmount House Accommodation
8.5m x 5.1m
5.9m x 4.7m
5.7m x 4.8m
7.1m x 5.3m
7.6m x 6.1m
9.5m x 6.1m
3.7m x 3.5m
Bedroom 1 with Ensuite
5.5m x 5.0m
5.8m x 5.2m
Bedroom 3 with Ensuite
6.1m x 5.6m
4.7m x 4.1m
6.3m x 6.0m
Bedroom 6 with Ensuite
5.6m x 5.3m
Bedroom 7 with Ensuite
5.6m x 5.3m
6.8m x 3.4m
5.7m x 5.2m
5.2m x 5.2m
Bedroom 9/ Games Room
7.3m x 5.2m
Bedroom 10/ Sewing Room
5.7m x 4.7m
Overall size 340sq.m
Doctor's House Accommodation
Open plan Kitchen/Living Room
10.2m x 5.5m
5.7m x 4.2m
5.7m x 2.9m
6.8m x 5.7m
Bedroom 1 with Ensuite
5.5m x 3.7m
5.5m x 3.7m
4.3m x 2.0m
Bedroom 3/ Study
4.3m x 4.1m
5.7m x 4.3m
4.3m x 3.0m
5.6m x 4.2m
• Total land area : Approximately 7 acres
• Main House floor area : Approx. 13,000 sq.ft
• Doctors House floor area: Approx. 3,200 sq.ft
• Historic Victorian residence
• Well set back from the main road
• Approached by a stunning tree lined avenue
• Includes a beautiful modernised family home
• Surrounded on all sides by open countryside
• Comes with planning permission for a café/restaurant/events venue
• Currently used as a boutique wedding venue
• Obvious further commercial potential to expand current business and other hospitality type business.
• Stone built studio extending to approx. 215 sq.ft – ideal home office or granny flat
• Top floor of main house in need of light refurbishment and modernising
All fixtures and fittings are excluded from the sale including garden statues, light fittings, and other removable, fittings, although some items may be available by separate negotiation.
Main's water and electricity supplies, private drainage via two septic tanks, broadband, CCTV and smart alarm systems with remote viewing.
Please be advised that the selling agents have not checked the services and any purchaser should satisfy themselves with the availability and adequacy of all services.
BER C3 – Number 101169852 – Firmount House
BER B2 - Number 106044878 - Doctor's House
By prior appointment at any reasonable hour.
Eircode: W91 V2R4
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only. Property Reference :COON20000426
Clane Neighbourhood Guide
Get to know more about this area with our neighbourhood guides, explore property prices lifestyle & more...